Introducing the Intel® Xeon® processor 5600 series,1 the next generation of intelligent server and workstation processors. Help your customers reduce operating costs and achieve rapid return on investment with the industry leading performance and energy-efficiency of the Intel® Xeon® processor 5600 series.
- Up to six Intel® microarchitecture-based processing cores and 12 megabytes of level three cache on each processor.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology2 and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology3 intelligently optimize performance.
- New hardware based instructions for the Advanced Encryption Standard accelerate secure server transaction performance.
Automated energy efficiency
- Intel® Intelligent Power Technology automatically adjusts power consumption to meet the workload.
- New low power processor SKUs and low voltage DDR3 memory support options can increase power savings.4
- Support more virtualized machines at higher levels of performance4 in a virtualized environment.
- The new Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT®)5 provides enhanced security from emerging threats.
Thermal solutions now sold separately
Intel® Xeon® processor 5600 series boxed processors are shipping without thermal solutions. The boxed Intel® Thermal Solution STS100 series, introduced in first quarter 2009 with the Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 series, offers the same quality and three year warranty support Intel has provided in the past.
Refer to the training content below, originally created for the Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 series, for proper thermal solution installation instructions.
- Intel® Xeon® processor 5600 series reseller sales guide (PDF 669KB)
- Upgrade Your Server Lineup—Without a Redesign (PDF 564KB)
- Intel® Xeon® Processor 5600 Series - Ad Builder
- Animated Banners: 300x250 (ZIP 412KB) | 728x90 (ZIP 330KB)
- Static Banners: 300x250 (ZIP 811KB) | 728x90 (ZIP 457KB) | 160x160 (ZIP 275KB)
1Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. Go to: http://www.intel.com/products/processor%5Fnumber/
2Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration.
3Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT technology) requires a computer system with a processor supporting HT technology and an HT technology-enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. For more information including details on which processors support HT technology, see www.intel.com/info/hyperthreading.
4Compared to the Intel Xeon processor 5500 series
5Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT®) has specific platform hardware and operating system requirements. Consult your motherboard manufacturer for more details.